Advice and comments for a new High School LMT

I have a very good possibility to get my first library this Fall. I am in the middle of my masters program to become a library media teacher. I am looking for any help I can get because I may be filling some pretty big shoes from the LMT that is moving on. I saw and paid attention to the comments about being a new middleschool librarian. Thanks in advance. Randy de Jong I know enough to know I don't know enough.

You need to be a member of TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org) to add comments!

Join TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org)

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Randy,
    We all look back at those first years and cringe a little, so jump in and do the best you can and the first rule is to be humble if you do make any mistakes and also try to sit back and learn the culture the very best you can before making changes. High school students respect teachers who are firm yet friendly - so that's another goal. Take one or two teachers who seem receptive and try your ideas with them and the good ideas will soon begin to grow and grow and grow. That's all I can think of at 7:22 a.m. when I'm supposed to be waking one of my little ones up. Good luck and I hope you get the job! If not, there will be more.
    Karen
This reply was deleted.