Question on where to post a question

Hi, I"m fairly new to this "Ning" and I have a question...not sure if it is OK to post it here or if there is a better place. I am in training to become an LMS, and I will be getting called for a second interview for a position in a K-6 school. I am searching for good ideas for lesson plans for grades 4-6. Is there a place on here where files are kept? Can you recommend any resources? Thanks... Ellen

You need to be a member of TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org) to add comments!

Join TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org)

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Ellen. Welcome to the profession. This is the right place to post. If you don't get any responses, post again with your interview topic as the post title. I am sure you will get help from the elementary folks around. Best of luck in your interview!
  • Off the top I am thinking about NCTE's ReadWriteThink.org site, which has awesome material. I'm sure there are many others. I would recommend that you familiarize yourself with the standards your state covers in the 4th-5th-and 6th grades. The you will be able to talk about addressing not only the library's information literacy standards, but also classroom standards and even the ISTE Nets (for teachers and students.) The interview team will like that you envision natural and authentic integration of multi-disciplinary areas. Just my thoughts. I'm sure others will offer some good sites (and advice.) Good luck.
This reply was deleted.