Laptop Battery Life

I am attending NECC in just a few short weeks. I plan to carry may laptop (since the conference center will be free wifi.) I hope to blog some of the sessions I attend (under the umbrella of AASL--if I can get my paperwork done.) Either way I'm totin' it. My carrying it presents a problem--battery life. I have been several years to this conference, and each year I'm amazed at the increase in electronic gadgets that are carried around. I'm sure finding an open outlet will be difficult during the conference, as i predict many more will be bringing their laptops too. We'll all be racing for a plug to get a quick and dirty charge. I have researched my brand (MacBookPro) and know of some battery saving settings, BUT from previous experience at other conferences this year, i know i will need a charge during the conference. Does anyone have a miracle cure for the need for battery life or a charge? Maybe NECC will have a charge lounge where you take your laptop and charging plug and sign it in for an hour and then come back to pick it up--sort of like the coat and bag check-in at various places? I am just looking for a viable solution to a pending problem I'm pretty sure I will have.

You need to be a member of TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org) to add comments!

Join TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org)

Email me when people reply –