What are you reading for spring break?

(Please excuse cross postings.) Our spring break is next week. I am reading for pleasure and profession. Pleasure: finishing Hugo Cabret, startingThe thirteenth tale by Diane Setterfield, The book of other people edited by Zadie Smith, Brother, I am dying by Edwidge Danticat, and for professional reading: a variety of articles on cultural competency. OK, I may not get through all of this. But is is thrilling to have the books with me and to think that I can at least give it a stab. I also have some good bottles of wine. Reading in a hot bath with a glass of wine and one of cold water is just too fine. I'll be in the beautiful Texas hill country. Aaahhh... What are you reading and where are you reading during spring break?

You need to be a member of TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org) to add comments!

Join TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org)

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Barbara! I enjoyed talking to you again at HCLC. Your electronic resources class at UT is still paying off for me five years later. I just finished Spanking Shakespeare, by Wizner. It is his first novel and great YA lit. I am still plugging through The Female Brain, and will be for a while since nonfiction just doesn't excite me. I spent my first day of spring break at Book People, where my son got three new books and I picked up the second in the Bloodline series for the library. I will start that soon. SXSW music is in full swing so I am not reading so much these days. Are you on goodreads? If not, check it out at goodreads.com
This reply was deleted.