Library 2.0 workshop help for Thursday

I am doing a two-hour workshop on Library 2.0 on Thursday, Nov. 15 for school librarians at the California School Library Association Conference. Could you help by replying to this: Share one Web 2.0 tool that you have used with your library. (I will be sharing these responses in my workshop). Thanks!

You need to be a member of TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org) to add comments!

Join TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org)

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• How about Jing? I just tried it today. Wouldn't be first on my list. I like iGoogle, Google Reader, Google Toolbar customizing and Voice Thread the best. My Jing is how to customize the Google Toolbar.
    http://screencast.com/t/PSYaKPtKAY
    Krissy
    • Thanks for all of these great ideas. I will be showing them live in the workshop later today.
  • Rob- I'm doing the same thing! A workshop for Denver librarians on the 15th!
    We decided to show tools, but between the main ones we are going to role play collaboration techniques to use these tools in context. Some main ones:
    Delicious, voicethread, library thing, google office, zoho note taker, senduit, trackstar, nings, libvibe podcast (and others) and blogs. Should be interesting!
  • I have heavily promoted a library blog to students and professional blogs to teachers and other librarians. I have heavily plugged developing and using a social network like Twitter as well, and absolutely amazed my last workshop participants by getting twitter to give a shout out to my group. I have connected with other schools using skype as well, and the kids are amazed. I have also drawn upon YouTube, though I don't recommend it for independent use, but rather guided use in schools. The kids' engagement quadruples when they realize it is from YouTube. I have encouraged professionals to use podcasts, webcasts, social networks, and other tools to grow--and asked them to find ways to utilize the tools in the classroom. Rob, I confess that I've only had moderate success, and still consider myself quite the beginner. But I strive to show students and teachers that there is a place for these tools our students seem to handle so easily in the curriculum of only we try.
  • Rob,

I constantly promote Google Reader - RSS feeds are my best Professional Development tool. (Of course, I also shamelessly advise people to read my blog, Journeys!
    dmcordell.blogspot.com)

diane
This reply was deleted.