5 things

Scenario: You have a principal new to your school. What are the five most important things would want her or him to know about you and your library media program?

You need to be a member of TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org) to add comments!

Join TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org)

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Coincidentally, I will have a new principal starting in my school next year! So, this is something relevant for me to think about. However, I preface this list by saying that I would not want to tell him/her, but would hope that he would recognize it as he gets to know our school culture.
    1. My program is an integral part of the school culture.
    2. I am a terrific resource for students, teachers, and administrators.
    3. Technology integration and information literacy is the foundation of my program.
    4. I could do so much more for my younger students if my schedule was more flexible and offer even more services to the school if my facility was larger.
    5. I love my job!
  • I would want them to know or understand:

1. The strenghts and weaknesses of the library collection.
    2. The program's successes in the past.
    3. The program's weaknesses.
    4. That I am a certified teacher with 11 years experience in the library and a master's degree in library science.
    5. That I am willing to work hard and do whatever it takes when the needs of the students are the priority.
  • 1. My library program is not apart from the school, teachers or curriculum, but is a PART of the school curriculum.
    2. I am willing to be flexible in my thinking to further the goals of the school.
    3. I would let them know what I have done in the past and the impact it has had on student learning.
    4. I would be sure to show them that I am a multi-talented person who can contribute more than just my library skills.
    5. I would be certain that we both understood up front what the expectations are for the library program and the role it plays as the heart of the school.
This reply was deleted.