school library FB page

I'm setting up a facebook page for my library (new job for the fall), and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on what to include? I'd like to include some sort of book review list, and I know you can link from Goodreads and some other sites. Does anyone have feedback on which one is best? Thanks for the feedback!

You need to be a member of TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org) to add comments!

Join TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org)

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am also starting a new Facebook page. I'm hoping that I'll have an easier time getting information out to teachers and students. We send home flyers, tape up posters...the works, but I'm thinking that a Facebook page will push out information everytime I update the status. Status updates could include events, new books, etc....

As for your question, Rebecca, perhaps you could attach award winning lists like the Texas Lone Star Lists, etc. and the YALSA lists on the ALA website can be really helpful, too.
    • Thanks Kathleen - and good luck on your page too!
  • I use goodreads and have new reviews update to FB & Twitter. Some people use library thing. I don't have a FB library page but a couple of my colleauge do. Look up FB groups for Avon High School and Plainfield High School Media Centers in Indiana.
    • Thanks so much Maureen!
      • Rebecca - answer only if you want too... Is this an "ask forgiveness later" type of project? I think that our libraries should be on social networks, but so many TL's start their FB pages in a more subversive manner and hope the tide of popularity and compliments will carry them through when the page is eventually noticed by admins who are not so 2.0 supportive. I am interested in knowing more about the culture of schools that are good with having a FB presence.
This reply was deleted.