Last year I hosted the first donation book fair and we did a polar express theme.  I built an entire train in the back of the library and watched Polar express with hot chocolate and cookies.  It was a HUGE hit...This year I am at a total loss of what theme to do.  I wasnt something that isn't overdone, like for instance The Grinch.  The requirements are it has to be G or PG, entertaining for ages k-5, semi short (around 90 mins), Christmasy, and have a book that goes along with it.  Ugh....any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org) to add comments!

Join TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org)

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• How about The Best Christmas Pageant Ever??

There's also a really great video from the old Little House on the Prairie television series that is a Christmas in the Little House.  That might work for you!

• What about The Snowman by Raymond Briggs....not exactly a movie but a long animation, that is quite entrancing...  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084701/
    • I have decided to do Where the Wild Things Are.  The kids are super excited since they have seen me drawing a lifesize picture of the monsters.  I'll post pics soon....  Let the wild rumpus start!

• I'm not sure how long your class periods are but I always read and showed The Polar Express.  If you go to the site www.polarexpress.com  there is a link under games and fun where you make tickets, I use gold paper and give them to the Teacher ahead of time so they need to "show" their ticket to get into the Library.  Lots of games, fun sheets and even recipes.
    • Thanks, I will still do the polar express as a class (we'll watch an actor read the story on a website) I teach only k-2 and have about 45 mins.  Last year when I printed the tickets, I actually found a beautiful image of the ticket from the book.  I was stingy enough to print all of them in color (on gold paper) and OHHH they looked so real.  I even cut out 400 of them with thos pinking shears (yeah I'm nuts).
This reply was deleted.